Wednesday, June 1, 2011

One Year...


The picture above is Me and my Girlfriend, Meki and was taken from a trip we had along with her family at Tagaytay last year.

Today, I am happy to announce that we have been together for a year now. It has been sort of a rollercoaster ride for the both of us but we're still here and happily together nonetheless.

I first met her at a forum where most men wouldn't want to be in, a Lolita forum. But I was there mostly because of my friendship with everyone that was in that forum. Though we haven't really seen each other before [except for me, stalking looking for her surprisingly finding her Facebook account] nor even conversed in chat or thru forum replies, I must admit I was curious about her.

Although there have been a few meets of the Lolita group, she didn't attend them. So I finally got the chance to meet her in person during a cosplay convention. She was consigning/consigned[?] with a friend, selling chocolates and pastries [yes, they were delicious!]. I "managed" to somehow get a hold of her number and from then on started texting her.

Nothing much at first but as time went on, we added each other up on Facebook and started chatting there. Mostly, I sort of coerced her to also chat with me on YM even though she said that her laptop was a bit slow but she did so anyway.

During that time, I was already working the graveyard shift and my days off were Monday and Tuesday. She on the other hand was still trying to find something good for her, so she was mostly free everyday. With that I kinda joked around with the idea of the two of us hanging out at my place which in turn, turned real. We set it up [she also had this piece of paper with questions for me that I said I will answer honestly] and within a few days, she was there at my doorstep/gate.

I honestly didn't think that she would accept my invite of her coming over but I was thankful enough that she did....and that she visited me in the following days as well.

Amidst watching Chowder episodes and long talks, I grew more fondly of this girl. So when I did gather up the courage to ask her the question, I was still not sure what was going to be her answer. But when she did answer, it changed both of our lives forever.

Even though this really wasn't the whole story of how we met and got together, the main thing here is that we did.

Most of my close friends know that the longest relationship I've ever been in was no longer than 6 months. I was single for two years [and a few months] before meeting Meki, so it was a real drought for me at the time but I never lost hope. Now that I've spent a year with someone who loves me for all of my imperfections, it's a nice change and a great experience. My mom would joke that Meki is the only girl who would have the patience enough to deal with someone like me. There are times that I think she's right.

We're not a perfect couple, we're not striving to be one. We're glad enough to just spend time with each other doing nothing but staring at people, walls, the TV. We're just happy enough to deal with our own problems and solve them amongst ourselves. Although it may not look like it or feel like it or heard by people, but I love her very much. I do not need to show other people how I love her. I only need to show her how I love her  cuz that's the only thing that matters and that the same prolly goes for her as well. We're happy just being together.

We did have a few bumps, bruises [not literally!] and problems during our 1st [of alot] year but that's normal. Even married people fight, it's just that working things out and solving what's wrong is different for everyone. I'm glad that throughout everything she and I worked it out well.

For my dear Num nums;

One year of being with you has been the best year I've had so far. I know it's cliche but it's the truth. I'm sorry for whatever misgivings I have caused, the teasing and such as well as all the times you were forced to go with me during my toy hunts. Especially on my toy hunts as I know you got tired and stressed from all that walking around. I promise that I will make it up to you and i'm thankful that even if you did grow tired and weary, you were still there for me.

With that, I am also thankful for all of the times you've been there for me. Unfortunately, as you know, this past year wasn't my healthiest but you were there to take care of me and be by my side. I am thankful that you've allowed me to be me and that the only thing you wanted to change from me is my shirt when I got sweaty.

I love you for alot of reasons but mostly, it's because of you accepting me and loving me for who I am. Never wanting me to change into something I am not, even supporting me in things you prolly couldn't understand at first. I love you because you loved me and all of my imperfections, you made me feel comfortable and at ease during my worst..when most people would just shun me away. Still, I love you more than that. I love how your eyes sparkle when you see something you like. I love how you giggle like a little girl when you're excited. I also love your sarcastic looks and puffy cheeks. I love your hugs. I love saying "Good Morning" to you as you lay beside me. I love how you try to think Coco Martin is trying to woo you [just kidding! x3]

But with all of that, I do hope that you won't grow tired of me and my idiosyncrasies [there are alot!] because I know we will be spending ALOT more time with each other. :]



Happy One Year Anniversary Num nums!~
I love you so much <3
The/Our Adventure is just beginning..
- The Alansong -

No comments:

Post a Comment