Saturday, May 28, 2011

A bit of Freedom..

My follow-up 2D Echo was a few days ago, prior to that I was a bit anxious about it. I've been on a diet on both food [restricted to Fish, lean and white meat, of course veggies UGH] and water [restricted to 2 Liters a day], I haven't been doing anything that strenuous and been taking tons of medication/pills. Basically, I've been sort of a House Hermit, mostly keeping meself at home so that when the time comes for the follow-up it will hopefully how an improvement.

A 2D Echo is like [or prolly is the same thing] an Ultrasound machine, it shows them my heart as it is beating and it allows you to hear your heartbeat. When the follow-up came, I didn't know if whatever I did to try and get better actually worked. Alot of things came into mind...*what if it's still the same?*...*what if it got worse?!*. It's hard not to think about those things especially if you tend to be a little pessimistic like me.

So when they were checking my heart, I was anxious hearing about the small talk my Doctor and the tech was doing. Mostly, I heard that there was a bit of an improvement though nothing big or drastic. I was praying that they wouldn't find anything bad as I would like to go back living my "normal" life again. It took a bit long but I felt relieved when it was done and over with. My doctor talked to me a bit and he said that just by looking at it awhile back, it was definitely a good sign of improvement. But still they need to really check and they need to give the results to my Cardio who will give me his findings on Monday. He then said that I still need to take my medication along with the diet and such.

Leaving the hospital was a breathe of fresh air. My Mum and Granmum was a bit relieved to hear the news. I just need to wait a few more days before getting back on track. Mum was also giving me a bit of room to move as she allowed me to go to the nearby mall with my siblings. I was able to catch Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides and even Kung-Fu Panda 2 which were both awesome films. Also, after a month of not being able to pursue my toy hobby, it kind of got jump started as I purchased a Winter Soldier and Crossbones figure from the Captain America Movie Toyline from said malls toy section. But I tried my best not to over-exert meself. These were first days of a little bit of freedom in a month and I didn't want it to get ruined by getting more sick or worse.

Luckily, I didn't and I enjoyed that few days of freedom unfortunately I lacked funds to really enjoy those days [for toys and food and books LOL] but one thing at a time eh?

Adventuring a bit, Huzzah!
- the alansong -

No comments:

Post a Comment